Sunday, September 10, 2006

Praying for our birth mother

This weekend as I was busily going on about my business of birthday party planning, church sunday school kickoff plans, laundry etc......I was reminded by the Holy Spirit to pray. I was walking down the stairs to our basement and all of a sudden my heart was instantly aching to pray for the health of our child and the birth mother. Most likely our child is conceived. Probably not born yet, but the reality that he or she is alive and growing is overwhelming. What pain and suffering is this birth mother going through. Does she have adequate food, water, nutrition? Most likely not. Oh, how I took for granted in my pregnancies all the medical care, proper diet, ultra sounds, prenatal vitamins, shelter.........There are so many unknowns as we wait on the Lord for our new precious child.
Dear Lord, I pray for the birth mother of our child. I know nothing of her situation. It is comforting to know you are in control of all things. I pray some how she would hear the gospel of Jesus Christ. I pray that You would be her hope. I pray for our child or children. I am feeling anxious about the realization that there are so many things I cannot control like I was able to with Kaylee, Isaac and Erin. Lord, you are teaching me to trust in You more. Thank you for your grace in my life. Thank you for giving us the desire to adopt.
Tanya

No comments: