Sunday, December 10, 2006

36th Birthday

My birthday was Saturday and I couldn't help but think how close my birthday will be to our new child's birthday in Ethiopia. I am continuing to be refined and my faith tested as we move farther and farther along in the process. Tanya went Friday and applied for her passport at the P.O. I will go tomorrow and apply for mine. I learned that my Dad was born in Spencer, Iowa and my Father-in-law was born in Lincoln. My mom and Tanya's mom were born in the same hospital! How cool is that. I wonder where our new baby will be born (or was born)? Completely different from anything we have ever experienced, I'm sure!
We are now beginning to apply for different adoption grants. I printed out the application from Steven Curtis Chapman's website http://members.shaohannahshope.org and another one from Sioux Center. We are praying that God will grant us more grace and more faith over the next few months. We really want to use this time of waiting to strengthen our family bond in Christ. Teaching and preparing the kids for what is to come.

Layne

No comments: