Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Preparations.........

Today was a busy busy day. I am thankful to my cousin, Natalie, for being here to help with the kiddos! It was rainy all day and she did a wonderful job keeping them busy. They made goop, rock candy and puppets. Kaylee had a Barbie playmate and Isaac had a cheering section as he played Hotwheels.com. The kids also made a paper chain to count off the days until we leave for Ethiopia. We will have to make another for them to count down for our return.

I was busy making airline arrangements, getting legal paperwork together, sorting clothes to pack for Levi and Jesse and keeping up on laundry. My head is swimming. I decided to write all the things I have to do down and sort them into categories. Each topic has its own list. Here are the topics so far.

Paperwork
Adoption to do
Phone calls
House Projects
Packing
Medical
Church Commitments

This has helped me from letting my mind wonder to far. I am also trying to ask God daily for the grace to not be overwhelmed. Philippians 4:6-7 has been encouraging. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." I need much grace to be able to go to Him in prayer in the midst of my mind spinning into "task" mode. I long to be near to the Lord as I prepare all these things.

Tonight I had a sad feeling............Levi is heavy on my heart. Poor precious little one. He has so many more upcoming changes. He has already been through so much. Layne and I are feeling the urgency to pray that he will bond to us quickly. I can't imagine how our little Erin would react if all of her familiar surroundings, her mommy, daddy, and siblings were all of a sudden gone. The grief seems unrepairable. How he must long for his Ethiopian family............

Dear Lord,
You are a great God! You are the ultimate healer and comforter. It is by faith in you alone that I can say with confidence that you are working all of this together for the good of those who love you. Please comfort the boys. Help them grieve and feel Your comfort through our love. I am thankful for your presence when my faith begins to flounder. Some days I wonder if we are making the right choice and then YOU remind me of the way you have orchestrated all this to come into place and I feel peace and excitement for what is to come. I cannot wait to get my hands on these precious ones.

Tanya

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Layne, Tanya, Kaylee, Isaac and Erin,

GOD CONTINUES TO REIGN AND IS PREPARING THE WAY...

The I AM... will be with you.

Trusting Him for you during these preparation days,
Diane Taylor

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
remember you have to get another *tetenus shot
*tell me what size suitcase you need
*ideas for the airplane
*shoes - kids
*red shirts and khaki pants for all traveling
*crib
*bedding
*diapers
*clothes
*please call me tanya and let me know what more i can do
God Bless
Amy
226-4696

6/22/2007 11:08 AM

Anonymous said...

Henne Family,
The wonderful journy the Lord has you on brings me to tears every time I think about it or talk with Jana for an update or read what you have posted. You and the boys are in our prayers.
Jeff and Tess Etherington