Sunday, July 22, 2007

some updated pictures




I have more to write but people are asking for pictures, so that is the main purpose of this post.
Our first week with 5 children has come to a close. The adjustment has been way more than we could have imagined, both emotionally for us and for all 5 kids. God's grace is sufficient and we have gotten so much help from friends, neighbors, family and church family. The Bell's built the most sweetest 10'x10' sandbox in our backyard while we were gone! What an incredible gift. People have been bringing meals and the church youth group kids came over and mowed my yard and did landscaping projects while we all went swimming. The 22nd was our 12th anniversary and we went to a movie together, it was soooo great. Boppie and Bompa watched all 5 kids, they are amazing!
Special Thank You's out to all of you who have been supporting us and lifting us up in prayer! It has been so evident that you are out there and that God is sustaining and upholding us and being our ROCK!
I will write more about the trip and our reunion with the kids later.

Layne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that lady a 60 year old?

Popeye's Dadddy

Anonymous said...

Sam and Glenny Bell told me about your blog as we are friends of theirs. We are adopting 2 girls from Liberia and they wanted us to check out your journey. I am smiling at God as I think that my name is also Tanya, we have 2 bio and hopefully an adopted foster girl (we'll know in the next several months), and as I read this post my mouth dropped as I realized that my husband's and my 12 anniversary was also on the 22nd!! I think we'll just have to meet! I am so excited for you and your commitment to listen to the calling of God to bring these precious children home! Derek and Tanya