Tuesday, October 16, 2007

More Surgery updates

The last few days have been fun around here, but really just business as usual.
Friday last week, we had a pretty good day, other than having to take off Jesse's bandages in the evening.
It was so hard and it hurt him so much. Tanya was getting all queasy and I was having a hard time holding him. We had soaked him in the tub for about 45 min. It barely phased the sticky stuff. We then had to goop on the triple-antibiotic ointment. I smeared it in his diaper too. After we got his diaper on, he calmed down and fell asleep while Tanya held him in the rocking chair.
Saturday: Isaac final football game in the morning and a tailgate party at 8:45 am with the other parents. It was so fun and the kids loved eating breakfast (donuts) outside and drinking hot cocoa! The actual game was cancelled because of rain, but since we had the kids there, we just had a little game anyway. It was still fun. The rest of the day was kinda blah since it rained.
Sat. evening we had to take Levi's bandages off. I soaked him in the tub for about 45 min. and while I had him in there, I kept trying to explain what was about to happen. When I got him out and started the process, he didn't want me anywhere close to those bandages. I asked him if he could do it himself and he said "yes". He proceeded to remove all the bandages without one bit of crying!! He said "ouch" a few times, but was very brave!
Sunday, we went to Sunday school. They all LOVE their teachers! It makes Sunday so great to start with sunday school, and I even got to be in an adult ss class.

More to come....

No comments: