Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Think it is the Chicken!!!

Oh my, was I cracking up at Levi tonight. They kids were getting ready for bed and I was overseeing the flossing routine. As I was flossing Levi's teeth he cried out in pain. He explained his mouth hurt. I looked inside and discovered yet another canker sore. He had one about two months ago too.

Now before I explain what he said, I must tell you we had chicken, potatoes, and carrots tonight for supper. Levi is not a huge fan of meat, especially larger pieces that have to be chewed. I really think this is just a result of not being familiar with eating much meat in Ethiopia. His diet for four years consisted of corn bread and occasional roasted grain. ANYWAY, he did eat supper, but was not to excited about the chicken.

Now back to the flossing and canker sore.................
As I examined his sore he looked me straight in the eye with the most SERIOUS face. He said, "Mom, eating chicken gives me the sore in my mouth!" This just caught me so off guard and made me giggle. I said, "Really?!" We ended up both giggling about it and he explained again that he did not like chicken very much.

Posted by Tanya

No comments: