Friday, February 13, 2009

Turn My Eyes From Worthless Things........

This was a verse that I came across during my Bible time this week.

Psalm 119:37
"Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things, and give me life in your ways."


There are soooooooo many distractions in my daily life that keep me from thinking of my real purpose of being on this earth. It is my desire to love the Lord with all my heart and mind and love others. As a homemaker and momma, I get very wrapped up in all the details of keeping a home, caring for little ones, meal planning, school planning, helping Layne out, reaching out to others..........the list goes on and on. I guess this verse just reminded me to keep my eyes on loving Christ and reading His word and he supplies new grace each day and more true joy while living life. Seems simple but yet such a daily battle at the same time.


Also, thought I would post a picture of the three little ones playing "Moon Sand". I confess we don't get this out often because I don't like big messes. However, once again this verse reminds me that keeping things neat for my own comfort is worthless. (not to mention pointless when you have five kids!) Ha!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Yay, you're back. Thanks for that great verse and for your thoughts!!!