Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Come to Me All Who Labor

My kids are sick, Layne and I are very sleep deprived and needless to say that makes us a little more on "edge". God was so sweet to remind me this morning that this is the day He has made. I want to rejoice in Him despite my dread to face this long.........day.

As I was reading my Bible, this verse hit me. It is Matthew 11:28-29.

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

God calls us to come to Him. To learn from Him. He reminds us that he is gentle and gives rest for our souls.

I am so weak, yet God is so strong!!!!

May God bless you today!
Tanya

2 comments:

Greta Petersen said...

My kids have been sick too. I am getting over a terrible cold ...again. I know the feeling. Here's to looking up for brighter days a head! Greta

Anonymous said...

Sorry the kids are not feeling well. You & Layne take care of yourselves too. Where's the sun & warmth? I think that would help us all. Tired of these dreary days, but we do need the rain. Hope the kids are better today. There's better days ahead. We Love You All Take care,
Mom Henn