Monday, August 08, 2011

Summer Days!

Oh my, my, my. There is so much to write I have no clue where to start. We have had such an eventful summer. Squeakers turned one July 1st, our family anniversary was July 7th. I can hardly believe it's been four years since we brought Dash and Bear home. They bless our family in soooo many ways and I can't imagine life without them. That really is hard to imagine. For our Famiversary we went to LeMars  and first went to the park and had a picnic and played for about an hour and a half. Then, we went to the Blue Bunny ice cream parlor and had a couple of yummy, yummy sundaes!!




God has definitely blessed our family greatly through adoption. And to think we even got surprise Squeakers on the end!
Since it has been a very hot summer we have been swimming at pools with friends, and a couple weeks ago we went to a water park! Unfortunately, because we were all busy swimming, there is not many pictures of that! On the 18th our friends who just recently adopted for Ethiopia came over for injera and wat. (Traditional Ethiopian food, similar to bread and stew.) We also invited an Ethiopian man over who we had just met at the Doctor's office. That was sooo much fun! Just this last week, we headed out to Minnesota for our family vacation!! This is something we look forward to all year long. All my mom's side of the family is there and we have so much fun. We can also get pretty crazy.....  One of my favorite things is church on Sunday morning at the beach. My aunt Shelly and several of my cousins led the worship. There is nothing like being with family, but even better is when all worship God together. It is a wonderful feeling and really it doesn't do justice to try to describe it. Just all of us sitting there talking about what an amazing God we have, we were all teary eyed, but in a good way. We can come together and talk about our trials and hardships, but I don't remember one person who ended on a sour note. You can see God working in so many different ways, giving and taking away. He is so wonderful and awe filling.





We did all sorts of fun stuff but it would take a million words to write it all so I will just post some pictures.








TUBING!! One of our Fav activities! Got to love it!



Then one night we went to a  resturant called The Logging Camp. It is very old fashioned, they serve all the meals family style and your plates and cups are tin. For desert they have fresh doughnuts! Very fun.





We had a great time!! Can't wait until next year. I could write about this 'til Christmas, but I won't! Thanks for reading my very, very long post! I hope you all have been having wonderful summers as well!
~Bugg~



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun!!! You all look so grown up! We miss you guys!!!
Micah

Mattea said...

love the pics! you all had a TON of fun!!

MeeMaw & Bumpa KK said...

Good job, Kaylee. We're jealous. We had so much fun with all of you @ the same campsite in 2009. So neat that your Mom's side of the family make an effort to get together every year.