Friday, September 30, 2011

Fun in the Fall~Part One

Oh my! So much has been going on since the last little update. We recently started football and the boys are LOVING it!! Playing football  and being with friends is a perfect combo for them. 


My friend Natasha (from the blog Unto Him We Live) took this last picture. It usually looks like this every Monday night at practice. Beautiful!! 
      Since July we have been working on a bedroom in the basement for Oggie, Dash, and Bear. About a week ago the boys started sleeping down there. Erna moved into the boys old room and I moved into her old room. It was quite the flip-flop and is still a work in progress. But it is wonderful to have all the boys in the basement and I am loving having my own room.....=)
Bear in his new Bed!!
In the mail the other day was a package with two very special things in it....
                                       Dash and Bear's citizenship certificates!!
 Although they were officially US citizens in 2008,

It has been a very long and tedious process to get the actual certificates. Even though it was fun to get those in the mail it was slightly confusing to some. Dash looked at mom and said, "But, Mommy, It's just a piece of paper." It reminded me that no piece of paper or official court date could ever make Bear or Dash more a part of the family as they have been or ever will be.
         The final thing I wanted to write about is the wonderful Ethiopian experience we had last Sunday.  It would take a bit too long to describe in words, and it was so wonderful and fun filled I don't even think I could describe it in words. =) Here are some pictures though....
Our hostess Senait did a marvelous job cooking plenty of Ethiopian food. She and her husband Ron did a fantastic job making you feel welcome at their house. My dad (who's been to Ethiopia a couple times) kept telling me it felt like being back in Addis! (The capital city)
                          Dash and Oggie were so into their food they could hardly pose for a photo!
                       My and my bud SUNSHINE!! (from the blog  Room For More) If you want to read even more about the time we had eating and fellow shipping Ethiopian style, I would definitely check out that blog....
  Well, I think that is the end of part one... Don't worry, Part two will come, soon!
~Bugg

1 comment:

Mee Maw said...

Great blog Kaylee - so neat of your friend to invite you all over for Ethiopian food. I know Levi & Jesse loved it, & so happy the boys got their citizenship papers. Awesome. Love you all.
Mee Maw