Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Christmas Day

I wrote about Christmas Eve, so I should really write about the rest of our Christmas Experience 2007.
Christmas Day, we got up early (of course!!) because Santa Claus had made a visit. What a job he had at our house! He ate every cookie, all the carrots were gone and the milk glass had narry a drop left! There was a flurry of stockings and wrapping paper and all the kids were talking at once and trying to get our attention - It was soooo very exciting-- we had to say WHOOOA. (I got most of it on video ) Santa brought some very exciting stuff. I think Isaac's reaction to the Packers football uniform was the best. He jumped about 3 feet off the ground and exclaimed "YES" after just a mere peek into the box. "This is exactly what I wanted!" He shouted. I don't think I could've been smiling any bigger. Kaylee got a new American Girl Doll, Levi got Sizzlers race track and cars, Erin got a BittyBaby and Jesse got a BB gun (just kidding) Jesse got a little battery powered QuadRunner.
We then tore ourselves away from the excitement, bundled up in our coats and headed over to Bopie's for some brunch eggs and more presents! The food was DEELISH and it was so fun because cousins were there and the kids loved watching everybody open gifts and playing with all the toys.
The day continued on as we ventured over to
South Sioux City for the Matney Family Christmas. More food, more presents, music, playing, riding scooters, more food (did i mention there was food?)
However, The stimulation and excitement of the day proved a little too much for the boys, so I took Isaac, Levi and Jesse Bear home and put them to bed around 7:30 pm. Isaac wasn't feeling well and the other 2 hadn't napped, so it wasn't bad getting them down.
I worked a couple of days last week and I go back on Thurs. Today the tree came down and the house is much less Christmassy. We even have totes for most of the toys that were acquired. We know that schedules and normalcy will soon return. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your Christmas story! It made me laugh, smile & gave a warm feeling in my heart to know that you are celebrating with 5 instead of 3 this year! How special it is that God has brought all of you together! We love your family! Happy New Year!!! Carol for the 3 E's!