Sunday, December 07, 2008

Swim Away and pray--part 2



Tanya wrote an earlier post called Swim away and pray
Well today, Daddy had to make a visit to the anger management basket.
the pictures only tell part of the story.
Tanya didn't get to go to church today, because Jesse has a bad cough, we exchanged Jesse for Kaylee after church and Ta took K to a practice for violin concert tonight.

I only had 4 kids with me at home - piece a cake, right? WRONG!
I had one in the bathroom, awaiting his discipline for what had gone wrong at Menards,
The other three were busy and quiet somewhere else.
Isaac was trying his hand at Hair Design with Erin and, of course, the mess of her hair was nothing compared to the mess in the bathroom! Hair clips, ribbons and qtips everywhere!

Jesse, was quietly spreading some expensive makeup all over our toilet seat and rug.
Oh yes, what you see in the picture is Warmth All-Over Face Color #36077 from BareEscentuals

Did i get angry ?? Yes. But, by grace, I did not lose it!
This happens to me once or twice a month - what I realize is that this is just normal day-in, day-out for my wife.

I am so thankful for Tanya!! She has taught me more about patience, gentleness and self-control than I ever dreamed I need to know. I have to believe that Christ has a beautiful purpose for things like these that happen, but when you are in the thick of it, it sure is difficult. Mom's--You have a TOUGH job!! I need to be praying for my wife and my kids on a regular schedule, and I need to be encouraging Ta with scripture more often than I do.
Right now, 3 of 4 are sleeping, so I'm going to make the most of this time.....On my knees!
layne

3 comments:

Cara Meyer said...

Hi,
Lea Taylor is an old friend of mine from MN and Jason my husband went to TBI with Justin. Lea had told me in the past that you(her sister) had adopted from Ethiopia. We are adopting two brothers from Ethiopia and I was wondering if we could somehow get in touch with you. We would love to glean any wisdom that you could bestow on us. We are anticipating bring them home between feb and march. They are 3 and 1. My email address is koolmom1977@yahoo.com

Cara

Natalie said...

Great post! So hard to keep our cool sometimes. Prayer and the Word.......the solution to maintaining patience and love towards our little ones......oh and sometimes you just gotta laugh. Too bad about the make-up but I suppose it could have been worse. Sometimes you wonder what our kids are thinking when they do these kind of things.

Emily/Knit Addictions said...

Amen Layne!
Even though Liam is only 9 months old, I think Tanya needs to share her anger management basket with me. It's so easy to get caught in the moment and not see the lesson in patience that is being taught to us when are kids are testing us!