Sunday, April 05, 2009

Influenza A


This past week Erin contracted Influenza A. So far no other family members are showing any signs. The public schools did not have school this Thurs. and Friday so we had made fun plans with friends. Well bummer, we had to cancel these plans, but we tried to make our own fun inside.

Layne made me promise I would do NO housework or daily routines and declare it a total holiday. For any of you that know me well, this doesn't fit my Type A personality. I thrive on structure and routine. However, we all had a BLAST, including me! We made fun stuff for b'fast, stayed in our p.j's all morning and never made the beds the whole day!!! One fun thing we did was gather as many craft supplies in a laundry basket from around the house and pile them in the sun room. The kids spent hours off and on all day crafting, painting and glue gunning. Cool temperature glue guns are a perfect invention especially when used in collaboration with popsicle sticks. I keep learning new ways to keep 3 active boys busy indoors! Ha!

So if there are any people out there who can relate to the "hesitation" of getting out messy craft supplies because of the added mess, let me encourage you to take a risk and get dirty!

Thanks for reading!
Tanya

1 comment:

Lea said...

wow! I wish we could have showed up to that craft party and fun sick day! what a blast to be in jammies all day and chalk it up to a day of crafting! good job Ta! i have never done that. I don't think i have that many craft supplies! I need some more. glue guns for the kids! never thought of it! didn't know they made cool temp ones! Malachi would LOVE that. I learn many creative ideas from you. I want to hang out everyday. ):
Your kids faces look so much older in that pic. especially levi's! it's changing. people are telling me that about malachi's face. one lady from church told me she was looking at him and could picture him at 12! I was like SLOW DOWN! I don't want him to be 12! ):

I love you! Lea