Monday, June 29, 2009

It Is God Who Arms Me With Strength

Psalm 18:31-32
"For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Colossians 3:2
"Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things."


Our family just returned from a wonderful weekend get away at my sister's house in Minneapolis. (pictures in future post) I always struggle with facing reality when we get home. Things like unpacking, laundry, kids who are tired and grouchy, phone calls to return, a schedule to pick back up..............

As the house is still quiet, I have by His grace started my day in the Word of God. He spoke to me in such a gentle way. I need him for the strength not only to do my daily tasks, but to do them in a way that brings Him glory. I most fear my sin of anger. I don't want to get mad at my kids today........Getting back into the swing while dealing with five little ones in a manner that is gentle and peaceful seems so hard.

The truth is however, it is GOD who arms his children with strength. God wants us to succeed in His ways of love, patience, gentleness and self-control. I have these verses written on cards to tuck away in my pocket today. I hope to read them and pray them as I face the day.

Deuteronomy 4:29
"Seek the Lord your God and you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for these verses. As you know, I live your struggles too, daily. Lisa V.