Monday, July 02, 2012

In the summer we like to....

Have lots of fun!
Yes, I know I have been reserved in the posting area lately, but we are having quite the summer and have been busy.... (not a very good excuse, I know :) But, here are a few pictures for you dedicated readers...
1. Father's Day: That was awesome. I seriously have the best daddy. ever. He's our teacher, book-reader, hug-giver, encourager, cook (sometimes :), and so many other things. He leads us to Christ in the every day things, no one is perfect,  and my daddy has his days, but he is forgiven by Christ and is becoming more like him all the time. We had a good day and went to the Blue Bunny ice cream parlor with my cousins and grandparents.  
2. Erin's 8th Birthday!! Our little butterfly turned 8, and I can hardly believe it!! I love my little sisters. She had a cupcake themed party, and instead of asking for presents at her party, she asked people to give money to buy a cow for our sponsor child. God is moving in my sister in lots of ways, and I am so thankful to Him for that.
3. I went to Okoboji... That was awesome, and so kind of my friend to ask me along :)
 4. Cousins!! Our dear cousins from out of state came for a long visit and a family reunion. We had so much fun with them...Including a giggle-filled sleepover, and tea party breakfast. The boys also had a sleepover, but they opted out on the teaparty :)
 5. Goodbye Kitchen! Yep, it's gone. We gutted it down to the studs and are starting from scratch. Although it is very difficult cooking for our family with out a sink, stove, or oven, we are very excited for the finished results!


Our makeshift kitchen :)
 6. Lou Lou's 2nd Birthday!!! Our baby turned 2 on the 1st. She really isn't a baby anymore... We all love her to death and she is a constant fountain of joy!
 She absolutely loves Elmo, Abby Cadabby (Dabby Abby!), Big bird (bi bid), Ernie (enie), Bert (bet) and Cookie Monster (toootie monter) My mom bought some balloons that were elmo and she said, " Doo tit dat! Elmo boons!" (Look at that, Elmo balloons) and then later, "Oh my doodness!" (oh my goodness :)

I made an elmo cake, which she couldn't keep her fingers out of...
 7. Getting Wet: Yes, this is probably one of our favorite summer activities, pools, waterballoons, water guns, and slip'n'slides!


I hope you all are having a fantastic summer, and Happy 4th of July!
~Bugg

No comments: